Bandung is the capital of West Java province in Indonesia. It is the fourth most populous city after Jakarta. Surabaya and Bakasi have a population of about 2.5 million and are two most favorite tourist places in this country. Greater Bandung is the third largest metropolis with over 8.5 inhabitants. It is located at 2520 feet above sea level approximately 140 kilometers southeast of Jakarta. Bandung has a cooler weather than most Indonesian cities. This city lies on the river basin surrounded by volcanic mountains. This provides a natural defense system to the city. If you are on a solo trip, the place will fail to surprise you.
Places to visit in Bandung
Whether you are going to visit this country as a solo traveller or with family there are lots of spaces there which can really enthrall you. Moreover the there are various solo Indonesia hotels that can reduce the cost of your journey significantly if you are a solo traveler. Some of these hotels are located in the central part of the capital city of Indonesia which can make it easier to visit various places on day tour or walking tours. Here are some of these places where you can go easily.
- Braga Street: It is a place for history and shopping.
- Gedung Sate: It has grand 1920s Dutch colonial buildings.
- Taman Hutan Raya Ir. H. Djuanda: This is a large nature preserve and botanical garden.
- Trans Studio Bandung: This is an indoor theme park with rides and shows.
- Bandung Zoological Garden: This is a zoo with indigenous and overseas animals.
- Kampung Gajah Wonderland: This is an amusement park with rides.
- Bandung Geological Museum: This museum is for rocks, minerals and fossil collections.
- Grand Mosque of Bandung: This is a large mosque with twin minarets.
- Chinatown Bandung: This is a recreation center.
- Amazing Art World: This is an unique art gallery with 3D murals.
- Asia Africa Street: This is a historical place.
- Alun-Alun Kota Bandung: This is an iconic city square and gathering place.
- Lawangwangi Creative Space: This is a modern art gallery with cafes and views.
- Museum Konferensi Asia Afrika: This is a historic Asia-Africa conference museum.
Where you can go for scenic beauty in Bandung?
If you are visiting Indonesia and want to have some adventure activities along with the taste of tranquil nature then Bandung won’t despair you. Rather there are p[laces where you can find your ultimate solace easily.
- Tangkuban Perahu: It is an active volcano with three craters.
- Dusan Bambu: It is a nature spot and for ecotourism.
- Farmhouse Susu Lembang: It is a European-themed village and mini zoo.
- Tebing Keraton: This destination is for scenic views and sunsets.
- Dago Dreampark: This is a theme park.
- White Crater: This is a volcanic lake and tourism destination.
- Curug Cimahi: This is a picturesque waterfall in the forest.
- Orchid Forest Cikole: This is a botanical garden focused on orchids.
- Babakan Siliwangi: This is a lush park with an elevated walkway.
- Stone Garden: This is a hilltop hike with sweeping sunrise views.
- Puncak Bintang Bandung: This is a destination for hiking and scenic views.
- Nu Art Sculpture Park: This is a work by an iconic Indonesian artist.
- Jendela Alam: This is a farm education park with animal feedings.
So even if you are going solo then also Indonesia won’t leave you to with your loneliness and you will never feel bore here.