Philippines is a country which is full of mind blowing tourist attractions. If you are planning for a trip to this wonderful country, then do not forget to include Palawan in the list if “must visits”. Palawan is basically an archipelagic province, which is located in Mimaropa region of Philippines. In terms of total area, this is the largest province in the country. The capital of Palawan is Puerto Princesa, which is governed independently as an urbanized city.
Palawan is basically a fleet of multiple islands which is stretched from Borneo in the southeast to Mindoro in the Northeast. It is located between the Sulu Sea and South China Sea. The largest island of this province is Palawan island and the entire province is named after this island. In terms of area, Palawan measures 450 kilometers in length and 50 kilometers in width.
What is the Best Time to visit Palawan?
Planning for a trip to Palawan? In that case, make sure that you have opted for the best time to visit this incredible place. The ideal time to visit Palawan would be between beginning of October till the end of May. During this period you can enjoy agreeable temperature, which hardly goes beyond 27°C, along with phases of drizzles.
If you are wondering about the availability of hotels, then there are multiple different options available to you. When it comes to hotels in Palawan, you will find tons of different options to choose from.
Places to Visit
Palawan in one place which has different types of variations to offer to its tourists. Whether it’s is nature or historical relics, this place has them in abundance. Here is a brief insight on what Palawan has in store for you.
- Puerto Princesa Underground River: This is an UNESCO World Heritage Site and has been declared as one of the new seven wonders of nature. It is one of the largest underground rivers of the world. The stalagmite and stalactite formations inside the caves are mind blowing and you simply cannot afford to miss it.
- Immaculate Conception Cathedral: Built in the year 1961, the Immaculate Conception Cathedral is a wonderful example of Gothic architecture. However, the foundation of this church can be dated back ti the late 1800s, when it used to be a small chapel, under the Spanish rule.
- Sabang Mangrove Forest: After the trip to Underground River, this is the obvious choice. It is located adjacent to the site of the underground river and is an excellent option if you are looking for some calm and peaceful environment.
- Sabang Beach: Want to enjoy clear sea under sun? Spending an entire day on the Sabang beach is just what you are looking for! It has a long stretched shore line, with many restraints and bars along it., serving all kinds of cuisines, including authentic Philippine dish
- Honda Bay: At Hinda Bay, you can have a full view of the ocean, and can see small islands scattered all over it.
Apart from these, there are multiple different spots for tourist attractions which awaits you at Palawan.